APAC Digital Leaders Champion interview shorts – Wing K Lee, CEO, YTL Communications
The aim of the APAC Digital Leaders Champion program is to promote and champion the innovation and business leadership of leading CEOs and digital leaders from across the APAC region. As part of this program, a series of short interviews have been developed.
In this interview, Julian Gorman, Head of APAC GSMA, and Wing K Lee, CEO of YTL Communications, has discussed the following topics:
- What is the plan of YTL to introduce 5G nationwide and how this technology can give Malaysian businesses an unrivalled edge in the market?
- What is the role of technology companies like YTL to a fast recovery of the digital economy?
- Where does YTL draw its differentiation and see its place in the 5G future in Malaysua>
- The role of education and the mobile industry in achieving Malaysia’s digital vision, and how do the government and industry work together to ensure a more resilient digital education backbone for the future?
- With the acceleration of the digital economy and online service provision, what are the policies and regulatory frameworks that will fit for purpose and pro-investment for the sector to accelerate the rollout of new telecommunications infrastructure and capacity?