Women Digital Leadership Awards at M360 APAC 2023
On International Women’s Day 2023 the GSMA APAC region announced a GSMA Diversity4Tech APAC Community Call for Write-Ups where authors were invited to share their experiences and contributions in the field of digital technology.
“GSMA has always been committed to inclusion and diversity in digital technology. As per GSMA’s Digital Societies Index, there are glaring gender gaps in the use of digital technologies and women in leadership roles. Countries will not be able to succeed in fulfilling their ambitions of becoming full fledged digital societies and nations unless they take positive action to address the gender gap. The GSMA firmly believes that institutions, corporations and governments around the world need to focus on the importance of inclusion, and actively seek to combat such inequalities, which goes in line with this year’s UN Women theme for International Women’s Day – DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality,” said Julian Gorman, Head of Asia Pacific, GSMA.
Themes for the write-up:
- Use of digital technology
- Emerging technologies such as AI, ML, Big Data
- 5G deployment and use
- Digital skills and literacy
- Other relevant areas in the advancement of digital technology
Submissions from women in APAC for this initiative, can be found here.
At GSMA’s Regional conference, M360 APAC event in Seoul 7-8 September, an independent panel of judges selected the following women for the “Women Digital Leadership Award”:
- Dr. Archana Gulati, Former Civil Servant, Professor of Practice, and Expert in Digital Policy and Law for her article on “My Experience as a Civil Servant & Digitally Empowering Rural Women in India”
- Gulalai Khan, Faculty Internet Governance and Technology Policy, Founder Pakistan Professional Women Forum for her paper on “SMALL STEPS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE – Meaningful work for a holistic digital future“
- Samina Rizwan, Founder and Partner, The CalmKaaj Network for her paper ”My Story and Lessons Learned”
The acceptance speeches of the inaugural award can be watched at above.