The Mobile World Congress week started for Network 2020 on Monday 2nd March with its operator seminar exploring the theme ‘Mobilising the All-IP Future’. A packed seminar room with additional delegates in the overflow area heard from senior representatives from operators and eco-system players supporting the All-IP future. The impressive line-up of speakers comprised:
• Bruno Jacobfeuerborn, Group CTO, Deutsche Telekom and Chair of the Network 2020 Programme Leadership Group
• Madam Huang Yu Hong, Dep Gen Manager of CMRI, China Mobile
• Mark McDiarmid, VP Radio Network Engineering & Development, T-Mobile USA
• Paresh Modi, Group Head of Business Development, Vodafone
• Lennart Landersten, Business Solution Manager – Global GSMA RCS Manager, Ericsson
The seminar overall was a lively and interactive discussion around the scene for future network evolution, moderated by the GSMA Network 2020 Programme’s Senior Director, Henry Calvert.
Discussion took place on the benefits of interoperability, the inevitability of VoLTE and how the industry is going to deliver on the ‘Green Button Promise’. The panel session later on in the seminar focussed on accelerating and achieving scale and a vision of future networks, and the session was rounded off with questions from the audience.