Licensing and Guidelines
|Using the HD Voice or HD Voice+ logo|
Logo Licensing Program
The GMSA HD Voice and HD Voice+ Logo Licensing Program enables a consistent industry message on the enhanced voice quality of terminals and networks featuring Super-Wideband voice communication.
The GSMA’s HD Voice+ Licensing Program requires compliance to minimum performance requirements, including proper interoperability with existing HD Voice and HD Voice+ systems.
Understanding HD Voice & HD Voice+
Use of the HD Voice & HD Voice+ logos
The universally recognised symbols for HD Voice and HD Voice+ identify HD Voice and HD Voice+ enabled services and devices, across both mobile and fixed networks, including:
- Mobile networks and/or terminals with GSM/UMTS
- Mobile networks and/or terminals with CDMA2000
- Mobile networks and/or terminals with LTE
- Fixed terminals with support of CAT-iq
- Companies that provide complementing services, e.g. testing
Step 1: Find out more about becoming a licensee
Many operators and network vendors are already using the logo to promote their crystal-clear HD Voice and HD Voice+ service.
To find out more about using the logo and becoming a licensee, go to HD Voice + logo usage guidelines.
NB. Your organisation does not need to be a member of the GSMA, to sign either the HD Voice+ Logo or Marketing License agreement.
Step 2: Select the relevant license agreement
To use the HD Voice and/or HD Voice+ logo, please review annexes below for the relevant minimum requirements.
The HD Voice and HD Voice+ logo (self) certification of a mobile network, mobile phone or DECT phone can be made considering the respective minimum requirements captured in the latest HD voice technical annex versions:
- HD voice annex C minimum requirements with GSM/UMTS – November 2013;
- HD voice annex D minimum requirements with CDMA2000 – November 2013;
- HD voice annex E minimum requirements with DECT – May 2013;
- HD voice annex F minimum requirements with LTE – August 2017;
- HD voice annex G minimum requirements with Headset – March 2017;
- HD voice+ annex H minimum requirements with LTE – March 2017.
- If your organisation meets the requirements, please download and sign the HD voice license agreement.
Step 3: Sign and return the license agreement
Please return the signed license agreement to our corporate counsel. On receipt of the signed soft copy of the license agreement, the logo artwork files will be emailed to you.