Experience Decentralised Identity at MWC20 Barcelona
A new breed of decentralised identity solutions is emerging which leverage distributed ledger technologies (DLT) such as blockchain to create trust frameworks via which users can control and assert information about themselves without any reliance on single identity providers like the social media players.
Are you attending MWC20 Barcelona? The GSMA Identity team, in collaboration with participating partners, have organised the demonstration Decentralised Identity: an opportunity for visitors to experience setting up and using an identity wallet across a variety of scenarios and use cases accessible to the visitor throughout MWC.
To participate in this demonstration, you need to follow the below steps:
- Install your identity wallet by attending the Identity Summit taking place on Sunday 23 February or visiting the GSMA Identity stand at the GSMA Innovation City in Hall 4 on Monday 24 February. Look for the Decentralised Identity sign where a member of the GSMA Identity team will walk you through your wallet installation and scan your MWC20 Barcelona event badge to confirm your identity and populate your wallet with your first credential. With your wallet installed and provisioned with your identity, you will be able to become a mobile operator subscriber and start collecting badges to boost your customer grade!
- Badges can be collected at the following locations by scanning a QR code (your wallet will list these locations as well):
- Pass your driving test to get a driving license! – GSMA Innovation City Identity stand in Hall 4
- Learn all about how businesses in the financial services industry can use operator data for customer risk scoring – GSMA Innovation City Identity stand in Hall 4.
- Verify your identity when renting a car – GSMA Innovation City Identity stand in Hall 4
- Attend the Identity seminar “Mobile identity, enabling the digital world” – Tuesday 25 February, 11:30 – 13:30, at South Entrance, Hall 1, GSMA Theatres 1 & 2. Don’t forget to register!
- The more badges you collect, the higher your customer grade which can then be redeemed for gifts at the GSMA Identity stand by providing proofs from your identity wallet.