Experience Decentralised Identity at MWC20 Barcelona
On Wednesday the GSMA announced the cancellation of MWC Barcelona 2020. We are sure that you will be as disappointed as we are about this news, but the health and safety of our attendees has always been of paramount importance to us. This difficult decision was made with due regard to the safe and healthy environment in Barcelona and Spain, and because of the global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak. The related travel concerns and other circumstances made it impossible for the GSMA to hold the event.
Our sympathies at this time are with those affected in China, and all around the world.
We appreciate your support and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you again at future events.
Further updates from the GSMA, with regard to the main event, are on our website and can be found on https://www.mwcbarcelona.com
Decentralised identity is an emerging concept that gives back control of identity to consumers through the use of an identity wallet in which they collect verified information about themselves from certified issuers (such as the Government). By controlling what information is shared from the wallet to requesting 3rd parties (e.g., when registering for a new online service), the user is able to better manage their identity online and their privacy – for example, only presenting proof that they’re over 18 without needing to reveal their actual Date of Birth.
Are you attending MWC20 Barcelona? The GSMA Identity team, in collaboration with SK Telecom and Turkcell, will be offering visitors the chance to experience a Decentralised Identity Demo. The Decentralised Identity Demo at MWC20 takes you on a journey through which you’ll set up a wallet, load it with credentials and experience how these could be used for proving identity, acquiring additional credentials, storing digital tickets and building up loyalty points that you’ll be able to exchange for gifts!
To participate in this demonstration, you need to follow the below steps:
- Install your identity wallet by attending the Identity Summit taking place on Sunday 23 February or visiting the GSMA Identity stand at the GSMA Innovation City in Fira Gran Via’s Hall 4. With your wallet installed you can confirm your identity at the GSMA Identity stand at the GSMA Innovation City using your MWC badge and get your identity credential uploaded to your identity wallet. Now start collecting badges to get free gifts!
- Badges can be collected at the following locations by scanning a QR code (go to your wallet to see the full list):
- Attend the Identity summit “Identity as a service empowering the digital economy” – Sunday, 23rd February, 9:30 – 17:00, L’Aquarium Barcelona. Don’t forget to register!
- See how you could use your identity credential for streamlining KYC checks when applying for a mobile operator subscription – Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, GSMA Innovation City, Identity stand.
- Attend the Identity seminar “Mobile identity, enabling the digital world” – Tuesday 25 February, 11:30 – 13:30, at South Entrance, Hall 1, GSMA Theatres 1 & 2. Don’t forget to register!
- Learn how decentralised identity will transform e-commerce with the Turkcell Blockchain Demo at Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, Turkcell stand.
- Play a driving game to pass your driving test and receive a driving license into your wallet which can then be used for renting a car – Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, GSMA Innovation City, Identity stand.
- Collect as many QR badges as you can! In return, you will be able to claim some free gifts*. Gifts can be collected at the GSMA Identity stand located in Fira Gran Via, Hall 4, GSMA Innovation City, by presenting your identity wallet.
*Free gifts while stock lasts.