- This week saw the first Myanmar Mobile Symposium convening government, operator CEOs, the wider #mobile #ecosystem… https://t.co/gHQqvxlV08 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/819878027718983680
- The @GSMA discussed the challenges of #competition in the #digital age whilst training the Indian regulator, @TRAI… https://t.co/TSA76qWYox https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/819205651654201344
- RT @GSMA: ETNO And GSMA About New E-Privacy Regulation: Telcos Call For A Customer-friendly And Innovation-ready Approach https://t.co/ylVy …https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/818802259110797312
- Start the New Year off right! Sign-up now for our free online course on the Principles of Internet Governance. https://t.co/qLkB1k3jRz https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/816238935705669632
- RT @GSMA: How will the evolution of #4G transform the mobile industry? Find out here https://t.co/7AwK11iPNK #Network2020 https://t.co/8JRH …https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/815351127667523589
- India’s new payments banks require a new business model for #digital #financial #inclusion: https://t.co/ZmIO3TI054 https://t.co/dJeTQCmSPC https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/811971107435773952
- @GSMA warns @EU_Commission: #ePrivacy Directive would exclude EU industry from data economy #DigitalSingleMarket https://t.co/GZazDxOzv1 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/811607328864825344
- New @GSMA report sets out competition policy recommendations in digital markets in Asia & Sub-Saharan Africa… https://t.co/8FHycUSPbA https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/809733673222340610
- Trilogue deal on #spectrum supports #DigitalSingleMarket ambition but decision on sub-700MHz may hinder #5G progres… https://t.co/iHFJYkGmBB https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/809330919882555392
- RT @Ansip_EU: New #copyright & #telecom rules also priorities for 2017. Discussed #freeflowofdata #cybersecurity, potential of #automation…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/809029715449221120
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.
ETNO and GSMA about New e-Privacy Regulation: Telcos call for a customer-friendly and innovation-ready approach
GSMA Celebrates 4G Launch in Egypt and Commends the Government’s Commitment to Release More Spectrum in 2017