- This evening saw us host our Capacity Building partner showcase and networking drinks with partners including… https://t.co/xazHstMHA0 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836285855769772039
- Panel discussion between government and mobile operators of #Latam about tackling security in the connected era.… https://t.co/W2k74WbGV2 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836283532754501636
- Tech Ministers @lunadavid from Colombia & @gilbertokassab from Brazil debate supporting a more digital environment… https://t.co/NyqbWpEyuf https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836280822554628097
- Keynote “Bringing Privacy and Trust to Digital Life” by Dr. @chemaalonso, Chief Data Officer @Telefonica in… https://t.co/4AkKlJ6jXV https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836279916735909889
- Sebastian Cabello, #GSMA Head of Latam, opened the “Safeguarding Security and Privacy in Latin America” session in… https://t.co/sEj6daSUF8 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836277736633217024
- The challenge to rural connectivity is to convincing people that mobile broadband services can be useful for them - @nikospappas16 #MWC17MPhttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836266800258166785
- I believe that 5 years from today, foreign language won’t be an issue anymore says @Kaan_Terzioglu #MWC17MP #ConnectedSocietyhttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836244554290458625
- @Europarl_EN delegation visits @nokia to learn about the future of networked interaction at #mwc17 @EIFonline… https://t.co/KGRc4ZGvVA https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836241131767795712
- Now on stage discussing 'Mobile Innovation' is @nnikiforov_eng #ConnectedSociety #MWC17MP. https://t.co/HkAtl5ihKu https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836236786506543106
- CEO of @Turkcell, @Kaan_Terzioglu reminds the audience that #IoT doesn't have to be small! #MWC17MP https://t.co/OoGWbCu1I2 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836235007085654016
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.