- RT @ronda_zg: @GSMA's Lawrence Yanovitch discuss role of mobile industry in #eSkills promotion @UNESCOICTs #MLW2017 @GSMAPolicy https://t.…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/845250974931390464
- RT @ronda_zg: Facts about #refugee education challenges #MLW2017 Dr Tang of @UNESCO states refugees may not have TVs but have mobile phones…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/845202405994053632
- RT @artate: GSMA Foundation at #MLW2017 Policy Forum on e-skills & #mobile learning - livestream 24 March https://t.co/rtVFs7mC2m @GSMAm4d…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/845202081023709185
- RT @ronda_zg: Kicking off #MLW2017 Policymaker Forum @UNESCOICTs w/a full room. @GSMAPolicy proud to feature Lawrence Yanovitch as speaker!…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/845202021301006336
- Government #leadership is key for economic #development. Read our latest report: https://t.co/1tZyVLVZaD https://t.co/jkUEgPWDbM https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/844572542329376769
- We welcome MEP @delcastillop draft report on the Code & its support of @EU_Commission's prioritisation of connectivity investment. @afke1https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/843900774874800128
- Interested in the latest telecoms news in Europe? Read the latest GSMA newsletter edition here: https://t.co/hjVVHaKVRy https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/843837312375177216
- #Regulatory reform is key for #digital growth. Find out more here: https://t.co/1tZyVLVZaD https://t.co/eeiGYW8tMh https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/842397196284764162
- At least 80% of the #Nigerien population are covered by a #2G mobile network. Read the full report:… https://t.co/2tcddmyUmv https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/842323508826931200
- RT @GSMA: #GSMA DG @MatsGranryd at the launch of the @UNBBCOM #ICT4SDG report today on closing the #GenderGap in Internet and #broadband ac…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/841960732690378752
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.