- Our next session this afternoon in Auditorium A will be 'Creating Incentives for #Investment'. #MWC17MPhttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836579519737835521
- Telecos are still seen as the big fat cats and the regulatory environment is getting more complex says @alexanderrusli at #MWC17MP #Digitalhttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836576114764054529
- .@Giuseppe_Recchi, Executive Chairman of @TIM_Official confirms that Telecom Italia is not for sale. #MWC17MP #DigitalAgendahttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836572559781081088
- .@mikeofcc also calls for a new #digital "infrastructure" in the US to promote growth. #MWC17MP #DigitalAgenda https://t.co/zF8NE7calG https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836570425643630593
- .@mikeofcc calls for policies to be removed in the US that were enacted in the last 36 months. #MWC17MP #DigitalAgendahttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836570062576304129
- .@mikeofcc reminds the audience that government is about creating the framework for industry to invest. #MWC17MP #DigitalAgendahttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836569332352180224
- Our biggest challenge is to have enabling policies and not to hinder the development of technologies -… https://t.co/w6WCiwdim7 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836567513605541888
- .@MajdShweikeh Minister for ICT for Jordan reminds us that "mindfulness" is important for government.https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836566941502439424
- .@MajdShweikeh reminds the audience that "mindfulness" is important for governments. #MWC17MP #DigitalAgendahttps://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836566407076773888
- Government programmes are training girls in coding and cloud computing in Pakistan. - H.E. Mrs Anusha Rahman Ahmed… https://t.co/b5SRVT6zVQ https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/836561288084013057
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.