There are many reasons why MNOs should require their network equipment supply partners to participate in the scheme. Importantly, operators have a duty of care to their subscribers and authorities to safeguard their telecommunications assets. After all, these constitute critical national infrastructure in many countries. What’s more, data privacy regulation is an imperative obligation and resilience to breaches is of paramount importance.
GSMA NESAS helps assure the security and resilience of network equipment security. GSMA recommends that operators request their network equipment suppliers participate in NESAS — and provide evidence of this. Especially during their procurement processes. Significantly, all equipment vendors who have successfully undergone the Process Audit and Product Evaluation will have certificates to prove it.
Discover the other benefits of NESAS for you:
- One global network security scheme which reflects the security needs of the entire ecosystem
- The only network security scheme that’s defined by the industry, for the industry (through the GSMA and 3GPP)
- Reliable mechanism when considering your supply chain and procurement – involving independent auditing and testing for determining the baseline standard to which vendors conform
- Visibility of security capabilities of equipment vendors and their network products prior to purchase
- Streamlines the procurement process, reducing the need to test the security of common network elements across candidate suppliers
- Individual operators can reduce security testing efforts, by outsourcing baseline testing to accredited test laboratories
- A successful track record
If you would like to know more or speak to someone about GSMA NESAS, please get in touch.