About Digital Commerce at the GSMA
The GSMA works with mobile operators, regulators, banks, retailers, transport operators and other service providers to drive mass adoption of digital commerce services. Overseen by a steering group made up of mobile operator representatives, the GSMA’s Digital Commerce group is active across several areas, including retail, transport, payments, technical specifications, testing and the dissemination of best practice.
- Working in-market to encourage and facilitate digital commerce services
- Building the value proposition by addressing industry issues with relevant stakeholders
- Preparing and disseminating industry templates based on live deployments of digital commerce services
- Sharing practical experiences and key learnings, including different business models
- Engaging with adjacent industries, including payments, transport and retail
- Developing specifications and guidelines for technical implementation and testing of mobile commerce technology
- Developing marketing collateral outlining the benefits of digital commerce, SIM-based mobile and digital commerce services and the role of mobile operators. These materials include white papers, conference presentations, workshops and a tracker of global SIM-based NFC deployments.
- Liaising with industry bodies from adjacent industries, such as Mobey Forum and UK Cards Association in the financial services sector and GS1 in the retail sector.
Mobile operator Digital Commerce group
The GSMA is working with leading mobile operators globally and in-county with a broader set of ecosystem players, such as banks, retailers and transport operators, to help deliver mobile-enabled digital commerce solutions.
For information on getting involved in Digital Commerce at the GSMA, visit Getting Involved.