Multi-service IPX provider establishes 100% LTE connectivity in Japan, South Korea, and Singapore, continues to solidify its leadership in the deployment of global LTE roaming
San Jose, CA – November 19, 2013 – Aicent, the world’s leading multi-service IPX network provider of mobile data network services and solutions for global mobile operators, today announced one hundred percent mobile operator coverage through their LTE Roaming Exchange solution within the countries of Japan, South Korea, and Singapore. This latest development strengthens Aicent’s position as the preeminent provider of global IPX services and LTE roaming among the world’s top mobile providers.
- According to GSA, 222 operators around the globe have commercially launched LTE networks in 83 countries and they forecast there will be 260 commercial LTE networks in 93 countries by end 2013. A Wireless Intelligence study predicts that the Asian 4G LTE connections market will increase almost tenfold between 2013 and 2017 to reach around half a billion connections, driven by key regional markets such as China, Japan, Indonesia and South Korea.
- Supported by the roll-out of its global multi-service IPX network, Aicent continues to build upon its LTE roaming supremacy in the Asia Pacific region by securing commercial LTE roaming agreements with leading Asian mobile operators including SK Telecom, KT, and LG U+ in Korea, NTT DoCoMo, Softbank, and KDDI in Japan, Singtel, Starhub, and M1 in Singapore.
- Aicent’s LTE roaming solution offers all South Korea, Japan, and Singapore based mobile operators supporting LTE, a single point of access to a growing network of over 55 Aicent connected global LTE operators.
- Shu Gan, EVP, Strategic Business Development and Global Sales, Aicent
“Over the past several years, Aicent’s dedication to the development and promotion of LTE roaming has placed us in a position to offer the largest coverage footprint and most advanced technical solution to global LTE operators. Since 2012, the Asia Pacific region has been at the forefront of the worldwide roll-out of LTE services, especially in countries like Japan, Korea, and Singapore. We are proud of the trust and support we have received from the entire mobile operator community in these countries. Working with our operator partners, we have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience to effectively solve interconnectivity issues and handle various flavors of inbound and outbound roaming requirements. As a recognized leading IPX service provider with over 55 LTE operators, Aicent continues to play an important role in the rapid acceleration of global LTE roaming.”
- About Aicent: www.aicent.com
- Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange
Aicent, Aicent LTE Roaming Exchange, LTE Roaming, LTE, IPX, SK Telecom, KT, LG U+, NTT DoCoMo, Softbank, KDDI, Singtel, Starhub, M1
About Aicent Founded in 2000, Aicent, Inc., is the world’s largest multi-service IPX provider of data network services and solutions connecting to over 200 global mobile operators, including ten of the worlds’ largest. Through extensive partnerships and peering arrangements, Aicent’s network reaches all 2G, 3G and 4G LTE operators around the world allowing mobile subscribers to roam seamlessly between international operator networks. The company’s roaming hub supports integrated mobile messaging solutions and value added data roaming and global reach infrastructure services designed to help carriers maximize revenue opportunities. For more information, visit www.aicent.com.