Leading Korean and Japanese mobile carriers to provide seamless authenticated roaming on their auto enabled networks for roaming
San Jose, CA – November 25, 2013 – Aicent, a global multi-service IPX network provider of mobile data network services and solutions for global mobile operators, today announced the successful implementation of their Wi-Fi Roaming Exchange solution within both KT and NTT DOCOMO’s networks. Through Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming Exchange, combined with KT and NTT DOCOMO’s Wi-Fi solution, KT subscribers can now seamlessly and securely roam between the two operators’ network hotspots allowing them to automatically connect through EAP-SIM authentication.
- Auto Wi-Fi Roaming offers mobile subscribers a lower-cost method of roaming internationally, while providing secure and automatic authentication through EAP-SIM technology that utilizes the subscriber’s identity and credentials contained in any SIM card to automatically access a Wi-Fi network without the need for the user to input a pre-established password.
- Based on the successful trial and implementation of Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming Exchange solution, combined with KT and NTT DOCOMO’s Wi-Fi solution, KT subscribers can now effortlessly connect to Wi-Fi hotspots as they travel between their home network in South Korea and NT DOCOMO’s Wi-Fi hotspots in Japan.
- By supporting standards based Wi-Fi network identification and authentication through EAP-SIM, Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming solution makes the 3G/4G to Wi-Fi handover convenient and seamless to the end user, while allowing integration into a mobile operators’ mobile network easier and more cost effective.
- Seokjun Kim, Vice President, KT
“At KT, we are constantly working to improve our subscriber’s user experience, as a result we have invested resources into testing and implementing auto Wi-Fi to complement our wireless infrastructure by adding additional capacity to our network while offering subscribers a cost effective data roaming alternative. By implementing Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming solution, our customers can now easily and effortlessly connect to DOCOMO’s growing number of Wi-Fi hotspots while traveling to Japan.”
- Yuichi Kato, Director of International Roaming, NTT DOCOMO
“By integrating Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming Exchange solution we are able to offer KT subscribers traveling to networks in Japan a transparent and quality roaming experience as they roam within our network of Wi-Fi hotspots. We are also excited with our impending plans to launch support for EAP-SIM based outbound roaming following KT’s successful implementation.”
- MK Chang, Executive Vice President, Product Marketing, Aicent
“We are pleased that both KT and NTT DOCOMO have chosen our Wi-Fi Roaming Exchange to help them enhance their subscriber’s roaming experience through more efficient data connections and lower rates, but also by offloading data they are able to invite increasing numbers of roaming mobile users onto their network without impacting their local cellular network.”
- About KT – http://www.KT.com
- About NTT DOCOMO – http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/
- About Aicent: www.aicent.com
- Aicent’s Wi-Fi Roaming Exchange Solution http://aicent.com/wifi.html
Aicent, EAP-SIM, Aicent Roaming Exchange, Wi-Fi Offload, Wi-Fi, Authentication, Wi-Fi Roaming
About Aicent Founded in 2000, Aicent, Inc., is the world’s largest multi-service IPX provider of data network services and solutions connecting to over 200 global mobile operators, including ten of the worlds’ largest. Through extensive partnerships and peering arrangements, Aicent’s network reaches all 2G, 3G and 4G LTE operators around the world allowing mobile subscribers to roam seamlessly between international operator networks. The company’s roaming hub supports integrated mobile messaging solutions and value added data roaming and global reach infrastructure services designed to help carriers maximize revenue opportunities. For more information, visit www.aicent.com.