Acme Packet Enterprise Session Border Controllers Become First Certified to Work With Verizon SIP Trunking Services and Microsoft Lync Server 2010
Businesses Now Can Leverage a Powerful Package of Capabilities to Advance Unified Communications Across a Global Enterprise
BEDFORD, MA–(Marketwire – Nov 8, 2012) – Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), Verizon and Microsoft are making it easier for businesses to employ unified communications across a global enterprise. Acme Packet, the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that its Net-Net Enterprise Session Director (ESD) enterprise session border controllers (E-SBC) have been certified as the first to work with Verizon’s IP Trunking Services and Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
This certification is part of Acme Packet’s strategy to simplify and accelerate SIP trunking, which Acme Packet announced earlier this year.
- The Acme Packet Net-Net ESD is the first SBC that Verizon has certified with Microsoft Lync Server 2010 for the Verizon VoIP IP Trunking service.
- This announcement builds on the global effort by Acme Packet and Verizon to offer managed and non-managed session delivery network solutions to customers in more than 20 countries. Verizon’s managed SBC solution for Acme Packet offerings can be leveraged to provide full management support, including design and engineering, implementation, ongoing monitoring and change management services.
- Acme Packet’s portfolio simplifies and accelerates SIP trunking deployments through an enhanced provisioning approach that quickly resolves multi-vendor interoperability issues and codec incompatibilities often found in heterogeneous environments, as well as challenges related to security, reliability and regulatory compliance.
- Verizon customers that implement Verizon VoIP IP Trunking service with the Acme Packet and Microsoft Lync 2010 configuration will be able to deploy interactive voice and video communications onto a common IP backbone. As a result, enterprises can reduce fees, consolidate equipment and trunks, streamline operations, and improve collaboration and worker productivity.
- The Acme Packet Net-Net ESD provides key session control and internetworking functions that enable customers to integrate Microsoft Lync with legacy multi-vendor communications environments without compromising Microsoft Lync’s powerful enterprise voice features.
- Acme Packet Net-Net ESD solutions for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 were the first to be qualified as part of the Enterprise SBC category in Microsoft’s Lync Server Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program (UCOIP).
- Smooth migration to Microsoft Lync 2010 unified communications environment
- Enhanced Microsoft Lync 2010 Enterprise Voice experience when deploying with Verizon VoIP IP Trunking service
- Accelerated installation by overcoming interoperability challenges
- Tight integration and increased flexibility for deployment
- Maintain high reliability by balancing loads across SIP trunks and providing quality of service capabilities
- Enhanced security for protecting both the service provider and enterprise
“We’re seeing a notable increase in the number of businesses interested in combining Microsoft Lync with our IP Trunking with the added benefit of Acme Packet’s premises-based SBC,” said Bob Minai, executive director of advanced communications product management for Verizon Enterprise Solutions “The Verizon IP Trunking service delivers compelling cost efficiencies with features such as burstable enterprise shared trunks and VoIP enterprise routing to generate cost savings that can be reinvested to fund new unified communications capabilities.”
“Acme Packet’s qualification with Lync and Verizon reinforces our strategy to provide secure, simplified SIP trunking to our partners and end customers,” said Dino Di Palma, chief operating officer, Acme Packet. “With this important certification by Verizon Acme Packet can help Verizon customers control costs and consolidate their networks.”
More about Acme Packet:
Verizon, Acme Packet, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, SIP trunking, PSTN, TDM, session border controllers, SBC, Microsoft Lync
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, video, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 309 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,850 customers in 109 countries have deployed over 20,000 Acme Packet systems, including 89 of the top 100 service providers and 48 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, expected benefits of our products, solutions and partnered solutions. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These include, but are not limited to: the intricacies of individual customer networks, specifications and needs and the impact of increased competition. Additional factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company’s recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption “Risk Factors” in such filings.