- In Colombia, 3% of farmers have access to agricultural loans, 4% in Peru, and 14% in Paraguay. #MobileMoney has a… https://t.co/gSxz4ZMVVR https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1087731647951319040
- .@efishery are employing an innovative IoT-based smart fish feeding machine solution in #Indonesia. Our new… https://t.co/IYLfatXc3A https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1087699806171078656
- The new #mAgri toolkit provides a framework for analysing value chains and supporting digital interventions in… https://t.co/g1jvUHm3kP https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1087641043565232128
- The Mobile Money Regulatory Index focuses on six key indicators influencing the development of scalable and respons… https://t.co/hFic8JIO7j https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1087641041111580672
- The #MobileMoney Regulatory Index focuses on six key indicators influencing the development of scalable and respons… https://t.co/9EYwwhI6p4 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1087641040541138944
Digital Identity Programme
Enabling digital identity through the power of mobile
Our mission is to leverage mobile technology as an enabler of digital identity and associated services which provide social and commercial value in developing markets.
Proof of identity is a prerequisite to socio-economic development and essential to accessing basic services. Mobile technology is uniquely positioned to enable accessible and inclusive digital identity. The GSMA Digital Identity programme is playing a key role in advocating and raising awareness of the opportunity of mobile-enabled digital identity and life-enhancing services. Our programme works with mobile operators, governments and the development community to demonstrate the opportunities, address the barriers and highlight the value of mobile as an enabler of digital identification. Using mobile as a unique and robust digital identity for the underserved can lead to greater social, political and economic inclusion.
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
‘Transforming Women’s Lives with Mobile’: A Panel Discussion Hosted by the GSMA at UNGA 2018. A ...Read more
This 6-page document provides an overview of the Roadmap for Digital Birth Registration. It is a guide for ...Read more
This case study looks at two start-ups that are using mobile technology to establish functional and ...Read more
This report highlights key findings from the Digital Identity programme’s qualitative research in Sri ...Read more
We have produced this Roadmap for Digital Birth Registration as a guide for MNOs and their partners who are ...Read more
Mandatory SIM registration: policy and regulatory perspectives in the absence of data protection laws
The mobile sector is creating a major socio-political and economic impact across the globe. In the past ten ...Read more
Digital identity opportunity in Ghana’s Ministry of Food and Agriculture’s Planting for Food and Jobs programme
In 2017, Ghana’s Ministry of Food and Agriculture launched an ambitious five-year policy framework to ...Read more
This blog was co-authored by Matthew Wilson and Sophie Pitcher. In a world that is being transformed by ...Read more
Hacer click aquí para leer este artículo en español. As the digital identity space continues to grow, new ...Read more