- Join us for one of our latest webinars where we explore the findings from our recent report “Triggering mobile inte… https://t.co/uKVSAHh5U7 https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1063079815992016896
- Find out how ‘Asset financing models’ offer options for consumers to buy #smartphones via loans and/or savings sche… https://t.co/6iT0RuuHgC https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1063046964072321025
- What is @VodacomTanzania doing to help close the gender gap? Nelusigwe Mwangota explains the initiatives that they… https://t.co/JBbiggfV7r https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1063004451399700480
- RT @MaxBayen: 🌍 Day 4 in #CapeTown, closing #AfricaCom and kicking off #AfricArena2018 ! https://t.co/mfmGfr6JDq https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1063000655449735168
- #Israel ranked amongst MENA’s the top 5 in #GSMA's #Mobile Connectivity Index, find out why: https://t.co/WINtPi5XGB https://t.co/vDJhHKelur https://twitter.com/GSMAm4d/status/1062747102789410816
Digital Identity Programme
Enabling digital identity through the power of mobile
Our mission is to leverage mobile technology as an enabler of digital identity and associated services which provide social and commercial value in developing markets.
Proof of identity is a prerequisite to socio-economic development and essential to accessing basic services. Mobile technology is uniquely positioned to enable accessible and inclusive digital identity. The GSMA Digital Identity programme is playing a key role in advocating and raising awareness of the opportunity of mobile-enabled digital identity and life-enhancing services. Our programme works with mobile operators, governments and the development community to demonstrate the opportunities, address the barriers and highlight the value of mobile as an enabler of digital identification. Using mobile as a unique and robust digital identity for the underserved can lead to greater social, political and economic inclusion.
This initiative is currently funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), and supported by the GSMA and its members.
‘Transforming Women’s Lives with Mobile’: A Panel Discussion Hosted by the GSMA at UNGA 2018. A ...Read more
This 6-page document provides an overview of the Roadmap for Digital Birth Registration. It is a guide for ...Read more
This case study looks at two start-ups that are using mobile technology to establish functional and ...Read more
This report highlights key findings from the Digital Identity programme’s qualitative research in Sri ...Read more
We have produced this Roadmap for Digital Birth Registration as a guide for MNOs and their partners who are ...Read more
Digital identity opportunity in Ghana’s Ministry of Food and Agriculture’s Planting for Food and Jobs programme
In 2017, Ghana’s Ministry of Food and Agriculture launched an ambitious five-year policy framework to ...Read more
This blog was co-authored by Matthew Wilson and Sophie Pitcher. In a world that is being transformed by ...Read more
Hacer click aquí para leer este artículo en español. As the digital identity space continues to grow, new ...Read more
According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, more than 3 billion people – almost half ...Read more