2013 Mobile Money for the Unbanked Global Event
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS CLOSED. ALL SESSIONS ARE FULL AND ADMISSION IS FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
Mobile Money for the Unbanked is excited to host the 2013 Global Event in Nairobi, Kenya. This is a fantastic opportunity for mobile money practitioners, regulators and other stakeholders to come together and dialogue on the industry’s latest developments. Key activities across the 3 days are the MMU Working Group, The MMU Leadership Forum, the Interoperability Ecosystem Workshop, and The Kenyan Journey to Financial Inclusion.
Keynote speakers confirmed
The Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya, Prof. Ndung’u will present opening remarks and the CEO of Safaricom, Bob Collymore will deliver a keynote speech on Wednesday 10 July.
Other confirmed participants on the busy agenda for the MMU Working Group include:
- Abdikarim Eid, Managing Director, Telesom , Somaliland
- Andrew Hodgson, CFO, Tigo, Tanzania
- Brian Kamathi, Warid Pesa, Uganda
- Chidi Okpala, Director and Africa Head, Airtel Money
- Darlington Mandivenga, CEO, Econet Services, Zimbabwe
- Eric Muriuki Njagi, GM New Business Ventures, Commercial Bank of Africa
- Jesus Luzardo, VP Sales, Utiba
- Roar Bjærum, Head of easypaisa ,Telenor, Pakistan
- Sitoyo Lopokoiyit, HOD, Strategy Department, Safaricom
- Sriram Jagannathan, CEO mCommerce, Airtel India
- Vince Kadar, President & CEO, Telepin Software
Panellists already confirmed for the Leadership Forum Include:
- David Porteous, Managing Director, Bankable Frontiers Associates (BFA)
- Carlos Conesa, Secretariat, Committee on Payment and Settlement System (CPSS), Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
- Valentin Claude Ramazani, Secretary of the Mobile Banking Task Force, Banque Central du Congo, RDC
The MMU Global Event programme contains a wide variety of meetings and activities focusing on the industry current topics of interest. To access the agendas, please click below.
On Wednesday 10th July, the Kenyan Journey to Digital Financial Inclusion will provide the opportunity to discuss with Kenyan senior regulators and mobile money providers the commercial and policy factors that have made Kenya a success so far, and the challenges ahead to build a digital economy. This session will include an opportunity to visit agents in the field.
A Regulatory Training workshop will be held to help build Mobile Network Operators’ understanding of mobile money regulation and how to engage with financial regulators. This will also take place on Wednesday 10th July.
On Thursday, July 11th, GSMA will host its Mobile Money for the Unbanked Leadership Forum providing decision-makers from financial regulatory authorities, telecom regulators, mobile money industry leaders, and MMU partners the opportunity to engage on technical discussions around mobile money and the policies that could enable the creation of a digital financial ecosystem. Invitation only.