Mobile: A Lifeline in Disasters – Mobile World Congress, 25 February, 17:00 to 19:30, Room C1.1
This session will bring together senior members of the mobile industry and experts from the humanitarian and technology sectors to discuss the growing recognition of mobile communications as a basic humanitarian need, and the role that the mobile industry should play in this rapidly evolving space.
Drawing from recent disasters in the Philippines, the United States, Latin America and the Horn of Africa, panellists will highlight challenges, opportunities and priorities for improved collaboration, service delivery and partnership.
- Bob Quinn, Senior Vice President of Federal Regulatory Affairs and Chief Privacy Officer AT&T
- Alberto Andreu, Director of Corporate Responsibility, Institutional Relations and Social Innovation, Telefonica Group
- Ramon Isberto, Head of Public Affairs, Smart Communications Inc.
- Oisin Walton, Instant Network Roll-out Manager, Vodafone Foundation
- Imogen Wall, Global Coordinator, Communications with Communities United Nations OCHA
- Jacob Korenblum, CEO, Souktel
- Robert Kirkpatrick, Director, UN Global Pulse
- Patrick Meier, Qatar Foundation
- Turkcell, Tamer Demir
- Rima Qureshi, Ericsson Response
- Moderator: Jesse Moore
For more information, contact Kyla Reid.