The Mobile Gender Gap: Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) has one of the widest mobile gender gaps of any region. Addressing these gender gaps in Africa is important in order to deliver the significant benefits of mobile and the internet to women, their families, communities and the economy.
In this document you will learn:
- The gender gap in mobile ownership and mobile internet use in SSA (overall and by country)
- The top barriers to mobile ownership and mobile internet use in SSA
- The urban and rural gender gap in mobile ownership in SSA
- The gender gap in awareness of mobile internet in SSA (by country)
- Actions needed to close the mobile gender gap in Africa
All data in this document is sourced from the GSMA Intelligence Consumer Survey 2018, which has over 20,000 respondents from 18 low- and middle-income countries, including seven in Africa.
Click here to read the full Mobile Gender Gap Report 2019.