Achieving Climate Targets – Climate target set? Check…. Now what do we do?
This engaging session delved into strategies and actionable steps for mobile network operators to achieve their net zero targets. In 2020, the GSMA and Carbon Trust published a guide called ‘Setting Climate Targets’, which explained step-by-step how to align carbon targets with the new ICT sector pathway to net zero.
Since then, the mobile industry has seen a significant increase in operators setting net zero targets. There are now 62 with targets (up from 50 in 2022), accounting for 63% of global mobile network industry revenue and 49% by connections.
Reuniting with the Carbon Trust, the GSMA has developed a follow-up guide called ‘Achieving Climate Targets‘. This invaluable resource offers practical, step-by-step instructions specifically tailored to the mobile industry on how to reduce carbon emissions, drawn from best practices across the industry.
This session, was a journey of exploration, uncovering key insights and unlocking the true potential of decarbonisation endeavours. With speakers including:
- Peter S. Andersen, Senior Director, Head of Sustainability, TDC NET
- Cyril Pourrat, Chief Procurement Officer, BT Sourced
- Andrea McCormick, Group Environment Lead, Vodafone
- Charlotte Kirkman, Consultant, Carbon Trust
- Matt Anderson, Senior Consultant, Carbon Trust
- Laura Tedeschi , Business Development Manager and ICT Sector Lead, Carbon Trust
- Steven Moore, Head of Climate, GSMA
The session covered:
- Reducing Emissions at Every Level: Effective Strategies for Scope 1, 2, & 3
- Integrating Climate Consciousness: Embedding a Robust Climate Strategy into Your Business DNA
- Powering the Future: Maximising the Benefits of the Transition to Renewable Energy
- Supplier Engagement Excellence: Unveiling Best Practices to Drive Sustainable Partnerships
Don’t miss this opportunity to gain a competitive edge in the ever-evolving landscape of mobile networks, by equipping yourself with the right tools and knowledge.
Watch the video now and be part of the mobile industry’s transformational journey towards a greener, more sustainable world.