- This week saw the first Myanmar Mobile Symposium convening government, operator CEOs, the wider #mobile #ecosystem… https://t.co/gHQqvxlV08 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/819878027718983680
- The @GSMA discussed the challenges of #competition in the #digital age whilst training the Indian regulator, @TRAI… https://t.co/TSA76qWYox https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/819205651654201344
- RT @GSMA: ETNO And GSMA About New E-Privacy Regulation: Telcos Call For A Customer-friendly And Innovation-ready Approach https://t.co/ylVy …https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/818802259110797312
- Start the New Year off right! Sign-up now for our free online course on the Principles of Internet Governance. https://t.co/qLkB1k3jRz https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/816238935705669632
- RT @GSMA: How will the evolution of #4G transform the mobile industry? Find out here https://t.co/7AwK11iPNK #Network2020 https://t.co/8JRH …https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/815351127667523589
- India’s new payments banks require a new business model for #digital #financial #inclusion: https://t.co/ZmIO3TI054 https://t.co/dJeTQCmSPC https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/811971107435773952
- @GSMA warns @EU_Commission: #ePrivacy Directive would exclude EU industry from data economy #DigitalSingleMarket https://t.co/GZazDxOzv1 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/811607328864825344
- New @GSMA report sets out competition policy recommendations in digital markets in Asia & Sub-Saharan Africa… https://t.co/8FHycUSPbA https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/809733673222340610
- Trilogue deal on #spectrum supports #DigitalSingleMarket ambition but decision on sub-700MHz may hinder #5G progres… https://t.co/iHFJYkGmBB https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/809330919882555392
- RT @Ansip_EU: New #copyright & #telecom rules also priorities for 2017. Discussed #freeflowofdata #cybersecurity, potential of #automation…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/809029715449221120
Shaping public policy through engagement with global institutions
Our mission is to represent the views and insights of the mobile industry in policy debates led by multi-stakeholder institutions.
The GSMA is the voice of the mobile industry in many international forums. Whether the focus is data protection, internet governance, financial inclusion or spectrum management, we bring the mobile sector’s technical expertise and practical market experience to the table, in the spirit of constructive dialogue and the desire to spread best practices in policy and regulation around the world.
At the global level, we engage with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and many other UN agencies, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the World Economic Forum (WEF), the World Bank and the Internet Governance Forum. We also engage with numerous regional institutions, including the European Commission (EC), the African Telecommunications Union (ATU), the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL).
Internet Governance Forum 2016
World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2016
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2016