- .@GSMA’s Jade Nester spoke on the negative impact of #data localisation rules: Governments should instead embrace a… https://t.co/QtejSLTC7z https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/986647799541436417
- RT @GSMAAfrica: Dr. Raphael Koffi, Head of Telecommunication, ECOWAS: "I would like to call on the member states and all the key players:…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984461600294932480
- What mobile will do tomorrow is unimaginable and it holds so much opportunity says Wale Goodluck, Head of Sub Sahar… https://t.co/CC48oeO79s https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984399386556985346
- .@GSMA Launches Global Mobile Money Certification Scheme at #M360WA https://t.co/wzXUiy3rH9 https://t.co/qYylCUk85X https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984376392438747136
- In West Africa mobile money transactions account for 30.9% of the Sub-Saharan mobile money transactions. As a regio… https://t.co/jOQa3dephw https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984373574390730754
- West Africa’s homegrown tech startups are key to producing the local content which is necessary to ensure digital s… https://t.co/QC8gWSrdrG https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984372730152800257
- Connectivity holds the promise of providing a better future to all parts of society says @GSMA Chief Regulatory Off… https://t.co/f9zLNBgJVl https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984372343140175872
- We begin our Mobile 360 Series West Africa with an opening address from André Apété from the Ministry of Communicat… https://t.co/jN1yMAZBQU https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984370741658480640
- Up next we have an ECOWAS member state case study from Cape Verde. #M360WA https://t.co/amSJUZAkZv https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984111729322938368
- “Alone we may be able to go faster but together we will be able to go further.” A great quote to end the presenta… https://t.co/hmG1mw1jTY https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/984106751497850880
Shaping public policy through engagement with global institutions
Our mission is to represent the views and insights of the mobile industry in policy debates led by multi-stakeholder institutions.
The GSMA is the voice of the mobile industry in many international forums. Whether the focus is data protection, internet governance, financial inclusion or spectrum management, we bring the mobile sector’s technical expertise and practical market experience to the table, in the spirit of constructive dialogue and the desire to spread best practices in policy and regulation around the world.
At the global level, we engage with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and many other UN agencies, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the World Economic Forum (WEF), the World Bank and the Internet Governance Forum. We also engage with numerous regional institutions, including the European Commission (EC), the African Telecommunications Union (ATU), the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL).
Internet Governance Forum 2016
World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2016
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2016