- .@TigoParaguay is now certified, contributing to deepening #financialinclusion in the Latin American and Caribbean… https://t.co/iEXawv9Q1T https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1073186733670494208
- Explore how mobile-enabled #microinsurance has expanded beyond #lifeinsurance, and how the business model itself is… https://t.co/s4uVLoGTo7 https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1073161885602729985
- Congratulations to @TigoParaguay on becoming the first #mobilemoney provider in the Latin American region to achiev… https://t.co/0MKWQBO7ox https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1071036764503072774
- .@telenorpakistan’s President & CEO Shahid Mustafa reflects on the organisation’s experience of undertking the… https://t.co/T4RgDdEMXI https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1070632739580321792
- RT @Millicom: PRESS RELEASE: Tigo Paraguay Becomes First Provider in LatAm to Gain @GSMA Mobile Money Certification. "We’re empowering >5 m…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1070326533376696321
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Mastercard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
Launched in 2018, the GSMA Mobile Money Certification is a global initiative to bring safer, more ...Read more
‘Transforming Women’s Lives with Mobile’: A Panel Discussion Hosted by the GSMA at UNGA 2018. A ...Read more
The Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Hub is an industry utility created by the GSMA to enable ecosystem ...Read more
Haga clic aquí para el blog en español Deployment and market growth Between 2016 and 2017, mobile money in ...Read more
Orange Group and MTN Group – two of Africa’s largest mobile operators and mobile money providers – ...Read more
It was great to be back at the Kigali Convention Centre for GOGLA and Solar Plaza’s Unlocking Solar Capital ...Read more
This blog was co-authored by Mariana Lopez and Abbie Phatty-Jobe. We were honoured to join governments, the ...Read more
From pay-as-you-go solar to pay-as-you-go smartphones and cookstoves: Insights from VITALITE, Zambia
VITALITE received a grant from the GSMA Mobile for Development (M4D) Utilities Innovation Fund in October ...Read more