- Hear from Polycarp Ndekana of @VodacomTanzania on the benefits and impacts that #internationalremittances via… https://t.co/w5qXcQz44R https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/1030405162618286081
- The average cost of sending $200 via #mobilemoney is 1.7% of the transaction cost, well under the #SDG target of 3%… https://t.co/IE6EXo9j8u https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/1030067918577590272
- Interact with a decade’s worth of #data from the #mobilemoney industry in our #MobileMoneyMetrics tool:… https://t.co/YrqNdEMG9X https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/1029932027469094913
- Congratulations to @MTNCotedIvoire on gaining the @GSMA #MobileMoneyCertification! Learn more on the Certification:… https://t.co/Y7yOAqziB2 https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/1029751514951245829
- Smartphone penetration is on the rise in emerging markets and can dramatically enhance the #mobilemoney value propo… https://t.co/3qqNx32fJ5 https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/1029365578027487232
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Mastercard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
We spoke to key players in the mobile money industry about international remittances, in the context of what ...Read more
This case study looks at two start-ups that are using mobile technology to establish functional and ...Read more
Mobile money agents are a crucial asset for mobile money providers and have been key to the growth of the ...Read more
International remittances play a critical role in sustaining the livelihoods of those living in poverty and ...Read more
For the first time, Mobile 360 – Africa took place in Kigali, Rwanda – a country fast gaining a ...Read more
Smartphone penetration is on the rise in emerging markets and can dramatically enhance the mobile money value ...Read more
In July 2018, twelve teams from across East Africa gathered at the Impact Hub in Kigali, Rwanda, to compete ...Read more
Developing a currency exchange functionality to drive mobile money usage: a new mobile money innovation in Somaliland
GSMA’s Claire Scharwatt spoke to Telesom CEO Abdikarim Mohamed Eid about M-Exchange, Telesom’s latest ...Read more
Leading investors and the GSMA: Promoting responsible business practices in digital financial services
In June 2018, over 50 fintech investors and digital finance innovators launched the Guidelines for Investing ...Read more