Driving climate impact through frontier technologies in the global south
This webinar marks the launch of the GSMA ClimateTech report “Emerging Trends in Climate Tech Innovations” during Climate Action Week in 2023.
In this webinar we discuss the different ways that frontier and digital technology can be used for climate impact in low- and middle-income countries with new insights on emerging trends in climate technology and innovations from our latest climate grant funding round.
Hear from some of the start-ups that have been awarded funding and on how they are creatively using digital technology such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain to help communities anticipate and adapt to climate shocks and stressors.
Speakers include: –
- Samir Hafiz – Climate Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager, GSMA ClimateTech
- Luisa Odell – Innovation Advisor, The UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
- Nadja Dolata, Policy Specialist Digital for Development, The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Aya Tarek Helmy – Co-Founder, BENAA
- Mahmud Johnson, Founder, J-Palm
- Allister Ayque – Co-Founder, Komunidad
- Leila Guici – Insights and Advocacy Manager – Climate Tech, GSMA ClimateTech (Moderator)
Download the report ‘Emerging Trends in Climate Tech Innovations’ here.