GSMA eSIM Discovery is the first digital solution for eSIM consumer and consumer IoT profile activation and provides the cleanest in and out of store experience, as it does not require the print and distribution costs associated with the bar code methodology – no plastic or paper at point of sale is required, activation can happen from home.
Early eSIM MNO adopters see the deployment of eSIMs as helping to drive the growth of customer ARPU through multiple device subscription plans per user and a reduction in the cost of physical SIM supply and management.
This industry-specified DS service is now available, via our SM-DP+ service provider partners who are already providing the highly secure subscription management services needed to safely manage your customers’ eSIM profile activations.
What are the benefits to Mobile Operators
- Secure and tested. A proven way of streamlining subscription information delivery from MNO to consumer
- Universal remote activation. That’s endorsed by the industry
- Universal compatibility. It’s the solution that will be compatible with all OEMs
- Standardised integration at scale. Activates devices across all major device distribution channels: Network Operators, Digital, Retail and the growing Open Market Device arena
- With no need for integration between individual OEMs and MNOs
- Maximise eSIM adoption – by making the customer journey quick and easy with one-time setup on their chosen network
- Better than a printed QR Code, it does not require the print and distribution costs – no plastic or paper at point of sale is required, since activation can happen from anywhere
- Reduce customer enquiries on how to provision eSIM with customer services, by automating profile location and subscription activation
- Reduce cost associated with SIM procurement, expenses, inventory, logistics and in-store physical SIM customer processes