- RT @Tigo_TZ: Developers and coders in feedback session. This is the first ever harmonised Mobile Money API Hackathon #MMAPI2016 https://t.c …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/757316380064641024
- #MMAPI2016 hackathon runners up- WP Malipu! Our only female hacker @minaah & team @kashaigiri @twendetech @nasznjoka https://t.co/KAOEUqBpjD https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/757218535236075520
- Winners of the GSMA #mobilemoney hackathon. JUMO! #MMAPI2016 https://t.co/mQwHta3oEI https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/757216536838959104
- And the winner of the GSMA #mobilemoney #MMAPI2016 hackathon ...#Jumo! @kyrelos @mwaaas @okalotieno @kimaniwamwangi Huge congratulations!https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/757214190905991168
- The #MobileMoney API Hackathon has come to an end. Big thanks to all participants & everyone else that was involved! @Tigo_TZ #MMAPI2016https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/757198884695334912
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
GSMA Mobile Money Infographic: International Remittances via Mobile Money – Changing Lives and Livelihoods
This infographic highlights some of the benefits of international remittances via mobile money. Download the ...Read more
This case study explores how the market context in each country influenced the rationale for A2A ...Read more
Safeguarding Mobile Money: How providers and regulators can ensure that customer funds are protected
This paper focuses on how regulators can effectively safeguard customer funds when a nonbank issues mobile ...Read more
This is a guest post written by Jody Delichte from Inclusivity Solutions, a company that specialises in ...Read more
This post is part of a series highlighting key findings from the 2015 State of the Industry Report on Mobile ...Read more
Today, we are launching the 2016 version of our annual Global Adoption Survey. This year’s survey continues ...Read more
Companion cards linked to mobile money: Offering relevancy and aspiration to tech-savvy customers in the Philippines
This is part of a series that looks at the evolution of mobile money in the Philippines and was written ...Read more