- Register now for our next m360 series event in Latin America! https://t.co/mY5Y7I9RZE #m360LatAmhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/770609600261394433
- #Ghana: #Mobilemoney value tops GHC679.2 million in June https://t.co/U2EvaOd8zq via Ghana Webhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/770580622125502464
- RT @GSMAm4d: #Mobilemoney and #M2M revenues, partnerships and reputation - benefits for #MNOs in the #utilities sector: https://t.co/uZAzrs …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/770542131043790848
- RT @GSMAm4d: Here are the highlights of the #MobileMoney @Tigo_TZ & @telepin hackathon in Dar es Salaam: https://t.co/SYHFvIFzqn https://t.…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/770542097577414656
- Jumia launches own #mobilemoney wallet https://t.co/BmqvToVnwh @Telecompaperhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/769183939231682561
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
GSMA Mobile Money Infographic: International Remittances via Mobile Money – Changing Lives and Livelihoods
This infographic highlights some of the benefits of international remittances via mobile money. Download the ...Read more
This case study explores how the market context in each country influenced the rationale for A2A ...Read more
Safeguarding Mobile Money: How providers and regulators can ensure that customer funds are protected
This paper focuses on how regulators can effectively safeguard customer funds when a nonbank issues mobile ...Read more
Highlights from the Mobile Money API Hackathon: Testing harmonised mobile money APIs for the industry
Over the past year, we have worked alongside key mobile network operators, platform vendors and third parties ...Read more
Earlier this month we launched the 2016 Global Adoption Survey of Mobile Financial Services. The survey ...Read more
This post is the second in a series on smartphones and mobile money. Read the first post in the series here. ...Read more
On 28th July 2016, over 400 industry leaders, policy makers and key mobile money stakeholders convened in Dar ...Read more
GSMA has been promoting the development of a safe and responsible industry for digital financial services ...Read more