- Newly designed SIM allows #mobile payments where there’s no network https://t.co/yjIcFS1l6W #mobilemoney via New Scientisthttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/791626817853591552
- Companion cards & #mobilemoney: A comprehensive look into industry landscape and insights https://t.co/lMOfuKms5q #newblogposthttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/791600365355565057
- RT @NewsAFI: A McKinsey Global Institute report shows DFS can drive #financial inclusion & economic growth at same time. https://t.co/QHB96 …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/791558918157852672
- RT @GSMA: The first #M360India event is now closed. Thank you to our speakers, attendees & partners for an inspiring two days in Gurgaon, I…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/791292851158130688
- Three Indian operators join GSMA’s Connected Women initiative https://t.co/0yvUgmV543 #mobilemoney #financialinclusionhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/791244286234861568
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
The impact of mobile money interoperability in Tanzania: Early data and market perspectives on account-to-account interoperability
The publication highlights the impact of mobile money interoperability in Tanzania, focusing on early data ...Read more
This infographic highlights the mobile money industry in Latin America & the Caribbean in 2016. Download ...Read more
Companion cards—debit or pre-paid cards tied to a mobile money account—have become increasingly common in ...Read more
GSMA Mobile Money Infographic: International Remittances via Mobile Money – Changing Lives and Livelihoods
This infographic highlights some of the benefits of international remittances via mobile money. Download the ...Read more
Companion cards—a debit or pre-paid card tied to a mobile money account—have become an increasingly ...Read more
Today, the GSMA Mobile Money team is very happy to publish a first set of harmonised mobile money APIs. ...Read more
The GSMA recently published a report on the impact of the mobile industry on the Sustainable Development ...Read more
Tanzania is one of the most developed mobile money markets in the world, representing almost a third of all ...Read more