- #Egypt: MasterCard and Vodafone collaborate on #mobile wallets https://t.co/Zo4OOaohmy via @Finextra #mobilemoneyhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/748159167089745921
- See the confirmed speaker line-up for our #MobileMoney Leadership Forum in #Tanzania and register here https://t.co/XnOMu5g6LM #MMLF16https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/748149080593936384
- For the 250 million migrants #mobilemoney is a secure, convenient & instant mode of #familyremittances https://t.co/4H6EFe9XOD https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/748113828643209216
- #Uganda: #Mobilemoney competition heats up as fifth telecom launches service https://t.co/f2kAFE86q0 via New Visionhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/747804318175203329
- Read our latest blog post! https://t.co/nNvXHXLCR2 https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/747792964970287104
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
GSMA Mobile Money Infographic: International Remittances via Mobile Money – Changing Lives and Livelihoods
This infographic highlights some of the benefits of international remittances via mobile money. Download the ...Read more
This case study explores how the market context in each country influenced the rationale for A2A ...Read more
Safeguarding Mobile Money: How providers and regulators can ensure that customer funds are protected
This paper focuses on how regulators can effectively safeguard customer funds when a nonbank issues mobile ...Read more
This blog was written by Sophia Hasnain, Abigail Komu and Christopher Blackburn. The Philippines is ...Read more
This blog was co-written by Janet Shulist and Jennifer Frydrych. As part of a wider global project on ...Read more
Sending and receiving remittances with mobile money: Customer benefits and the potential to drive down cost
To mark the second annual International Day of Family Remittances, today, we are highlighting the key role of ...Read more
The GSMA Mobile Money programme is delighted to convene industry leaders, policymakers and key mobile money ...Read more
Mobile financial services and MSMEs: How can financial regulators foster the use of mobile financial services among MSMEs?
This article is the second of a series of two blog posts looking at the issue of driving the uptake of mobile ...Read more