- What can the wider #mobilemoney industry learn from #interoperability in #Jordan? See our latest case study https://t.co/h18LyrErsp https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/806849598513971204
- RT @RuthGoodwinG: How #FinancialInclusion could add $3.7 trillion to the developing world: https://t.co/Nixczz232a @Newsweek @McKinsey @IBT…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/806811581917122560
- RT @Alban_Luherne: #Orangemoney revolution in #Cameroon.@Orange_Cameroun is launching a Visa card, linked to the wallet @Visa @gsmammu http…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/806811388597432320
- RT @nshar6: #Mobilemoney integration is a key part of Kenya ICT Vision 2030 #ICT4SI @GSMAm4d https://t.co/PVnmHgLHzV https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/806811283437846528
- Opportunity arises for #mobilemoney providers to drive growth in rural areas by digitising agricultural payments https://t.co/LFBmHyMSW8 https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/803983214905790464
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
At the beginning of 2016, Jordan became the first country in the Middle East and North Africa to have ...Read more
To better understand the success factors for mobile money, the GSMA partnered with Shawn Cole, a professor at ...Read more
In just a few years, mobile money has emerged from a purely domestic service to enabling transfers between ...Read more
The impact of mobile money interoperability in Tanzania: Early data and market perspectives on account-to-account interoperability
The publication highlights the impact of mobile money interoperability in Tanzania, focusing on early data ...Read more
This blog was co-written by Claire Scharwatt and Anant Nautiyal. At the beginning of 2016, Jordan became the ...Read more
This blog was co-written by Anant Nautiyal and Francesco Pasti. Merchant payments have not scaled in mobile ...Read more
Mobile credit and savings services have been gaining traction using different models all of which require a ...Read more
What factors predict success for mobile money? New evidence from cross-country multi-variable regression analyses
This blog post was co-written by Nika Naghavi, Shawn Cole and Jake Kendall. The rapid, early success of ...Read more
New GSMA research shows that mobile money is driving a price revolution in international remittances
This post is the second in a series highlighting the key role of the mobile money industry within the ...Read more