- RT @KYO_Conseil: Cas d'utilisations #mpaiement #MMFAlgeria @djezzy @NathanGSMA https://t.co/S3g5DmfLzM https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/823907738480758784
- Read about India’s new Payments Banks & how they require a new business model for digital #financialinclusion… https://t.co/kysBsz9SU2 https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/823894430511927297
- RT @GSMAm4d: Curious how #mobile assists #development? Experience the #M4D #RuralVillage at Mobile World Congress 2017: https://t.co/NpKzX1 …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/823844009483370496
- RT @MatsGranryd: Mobile for development at GSMA are some ground breaking work. Listen to our own Yasmina McCarty explaining https://t.co/AM …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/823843832009781248
- RT @GSMA: Need a guide for everything related to #MWC17? Download the event eBrochure here & plan your visit to MWC 17 https://t.co/WoWhbO5 …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/823843791941541888
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
At the beginning of 2016, Jordan became the first country in the Middle East and North Africa to have ...Read more
To better understand the success factors for mobile money, the GSMA partnered with Shawn Cole, a professor at ...Read more
In just a few years, mobile money has emerged from a purely domestic service to enabling transfers between ...Read more
In a previous blog post, we outlined some of the barriers that affect women at a higher rate than men and ...Read more
This blog post was co-written by lara Gidvani and Janet Shulist Mobile money providers today face new ...Read more
This blog post was co-written by Lara Gidvani and Francesco Pasti The first of India’s payments banks ...Read more
Taking a look at women’s financial inclusion via mobile money – Barriers and drivers to the mobile money gender gap in Rwanda
The widespread nature and affordability of mobile makes it the perfect vehicle to bridge the infrastructure ...Read more
This blog was co-written by Claire Scharwatt and Anant Nautiyal. At the beginning of 2016, Jordan became the ...Read more