- #mobilemoney in #Myanmar - how it's increasing #financialinclusion https://t.co/tNeJ74c4YA @MizzimaNews @WaveMoney_MMhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/780772797123551232
- Visa launches mVisa app in #Kenya, entering the #mobilemoney market https://t.co/P2W2fWaxPF https://t.co/QWjXHH2Qgy via @qzafricahttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/780755186046369794
- #Tanzania to issue Telcos with separate licences for #mobilemoney platforms via @allafrica https://t.co/PMDmMcPKoy https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/780732509655015424
- RT @DIAL_community: Congrats to our @gsmammu colleagues for helping facilitate this breakthrough by forward-looking gov't and industry! htt…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/780429788561416197
- RT @nvonthron: T. Novais @gsma explaining why 3rd parties like @TransferTo are working w @gsmammu to harmonise #mobilemoney #API @gunnarcam…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/780429487703986176
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
This infographic highlights the mobile money industry in Latin America & the Caribbean in 2016. Download ...Read more
Companion cards—debit or pre-paid cards tied to a mobile money account—have become increasingly common in ...Read more
GSMA Mobile Money Infographic: International Remittances via Mobile Money – Changing Lives and Livelihoods
This infographic highlights some of the benefits of international remittances via mobile money. Download the ...Read more
This blog was co-written by Jose Sanin and Jennifer Frydrych. Honduras and El Salvador both released e-money ...Read more
Today we’re launching a new infographic about the progression of the mobile money industry in Latin America ...Read more
A great opportunity for mobile operators to offer mobile money services and close the financial access gap ...Read more
Previously, we looked at the landscape of government payments via mobile money in Pakistan, sharing early ...Read more
Highlights from the Mobile Money API Hackathon: Testing harmonised mobile money APIs for the industry
Over the past year, we have worked alongside key mobile network operators, platform vendors and third parties ...Read more