- We're currently hiring a #MobileMoney Marketing Coordinator. See the job description & requirements here: https://t.co/4Y5v5qLQwD https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/855419810276139009
- WorldRemit #Africa revenue to double by 2020 on #mobilemoney https://t.co/CzCGteKwsg via Bloomberghttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/855379355727519745
- RT @GSMA: .@CI_Orange CEO @mamadou_bamba_ will explore mobile as the foundation for digital transformation at #M360WA. Details https://t.co …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/855354463573471232
- RT @MaxBayen: @GSMAm4d Mobile Money Code of Conduct cited as a model of self-regulation initiative in #Africa #Fintech industry - @webberwe…https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/855047369666199552
- RT @GSMAm4d: @EMinischetti from #ConnectedWomen explores the barriers and drivers to women’s use of #mobile money in #Rwanda: https://t.co/ …https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/855047189491576833
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
With our State of the Industry Report on Mobile Financial Services now in its sixth year, this special 2016 ...Read more
A license is typically required to offer international remittance services in conjunction with a mobile money ...Read more
At the beginning of 2016, Jordan became the first country in the Middle East and North Africa to have ...Read more
To better understand the success factors for mobile money, the GSMA partnered with Shawn Cole, a professor at ...Read more
Earlier this week, the GSMA announced that we have teamed up with the World Bank to achieve Universal ...Read more
This blog post is the second in a two-part series on mobile money agent loyalty. Read the first post in this ...Read more
This blog post is the first in a two-part series on mobile money agent loyalty. With mobile money agents ...Read more
Mobile technologies are increasingly becoming ubiquitous across the developing world: out of the 4.8 billion ...Read more
This is the third in the series of blog posts highlighting the role of mobile money in providing safe and ...Read more