- Honduras & El Salvador: Top 20 #mobilemoney markets globally for active account penetrationhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/779357161654657024
- 17.3m registered accounts, 8.2m active in #LatinAmerica & #Caribbean - positive #mobilemoney results https://t.co/6Z9ol2g8iz https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/779047647030026240
- Positive #mobilemoney regulatory changes recently made in Colombia, El Salvador & Hondurashttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/778972163072073729
- Six markets with enabling #mobilemoney regulation in #LatinAmerica & #Caribbean https://t.co/PYUs77oY07 https://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/778685288214245377
- #mobilemoney ecosystem more developed in #LatinAmerica & #Caribbean compared to any other regionhttps://twitter.com/gsmammu/status/778632396312748032
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The MasterCard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
This infographic highlights the mobile money industry in Latin America & the Caribbean in 2016. Download ...Read more
Companion cards—debit or pre-paid cards tied to a mobile money account—have become increasingly common in ...Read more
GSMA Mobile Money Infographic: International Remittances via Mobile Money – Changing Lives and Livelihoods
This infographic highlights some of the benefits of international remittances via mobile money. Download the ...Read more
This blog was co-written by Jose Sanin and Jennifer Frydrych. Honduras and El Salvador both released e-money ...Read more
Today we’re launching a new infographic about the progression of the mobile money industry in Latin America ...Read more
A great opportunity for mobile operators to offer mobile money services and close the financial access gap ...Read more
Previously, we looked at the landscape of government payments via mobile money in Pakistan, sharing early ...Read more
Highlights from the Mobile Money API Hackathon: Testing harmonised mobile money APIs for the industry
Over the past year, we have worked alongside key mobile network operators, platform vendors and third parties ...Read more